Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Revisiting the Fat Man's Visit

This Christmas and New Years was pretty low-key for us. We stayed in town (or close to it), visiting my parents in Lockhart before Christmas, and staying with the in-laws for Christmas Eve and Christmas.

 We wanted something to commemorate my pregnancy during the holidays, but most of the ornaments were assuming the baby had already been born. So we found this personalized little number online, and we've very pleased with it.


The whole family
We went to see my parents on the Thursday before Christmas. After I got off of work, Chris and I drove down to Lockhart to and spent several enjoyable hours watching Christmas Vacation, eating, visiting, and opening presents. My mom made my favorite - chicken and rice - and I had two giant servings (which is pretty amazing, considering I haven't had much of an appetite during my pregnancy). One of the most memorable moments that night was when my sister got what appeared to be a box of Pop-Tarts, but what was really elaborate packaging for a gift card.

Santa Came!
We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at Chris' dad's house with his step-mom and half-brother and sister. They're six, so we got to be a part of the Christmas morning festivities that are so fun with little kids around. After the wrapping paper cleared and the kids disappeared to play with their toys, Chris and I watched A Christmas Story and relaxed before the family Christmas dinner. More of the family came over and we had a really great roast (yum).


I wait and wait for Christmas every year but, before I know it, it's over. I really enjoyed this year, and I know that next year will be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment