Wednesday, January 4, 2012

21 Weeks

Today marks 21 weeks! It's been a fun ride so far (morning sickness and exhaustion included), but I can't wait to see what the upcoming weeks have in store. Last week we had our 20 week visit at the ultrasound facility. We found out that everything is progressing well with the baby....and we're having a girl! We almost didn't find out the sex at all because she wouldn't open her legs! We decided she must be modest...

I have to go back for another appointment at 28 weeks because I have a low-lying placenta, and they want to make sure it moves out of the way so I don't have any complications. I'm not too nervous because the doctor said it moves in about 95% of women. When I saw my OB/GYN for the follow-up appointment (he wanted to go over the results with us) he explained that the placenta "migrates" to the more blood-rich part of the uterus, which is usually at the top of the uterus and out of the way of the cervix and the birth canal.

This week is New Years, and I decided to make some resolutions. First, I'm going to be more consistent with exercise - I want to walk and do yoga more often. Second, I'm going to read at least 30 minutes every night. I love to read, but with so much going on I feel like I just don't have the time. Finally, I want to practice guitar every day. I've always wanted to learn and I'd love to be able to play to the baby.

Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment